About the Vision Council
The Vision Council consists of representatives from the various leadership groups within Call To Action and is the governing body of the organization.
Vision Council members serve as ambassadors for Call To Action’s mission, provide overall vision and direction for the organization, and ensure financial resources for Call To Action to advance its core values and strategic initiatives.
Members of Call To Action’s Vision Council agree to:
- Work to further the Mission, Vision, and Core Beliefs of Call To Action.
- Commit to serve for at least one term of 3 years.
- Complete weekend-long, CTA-sponsored anti-racism/anti-oppression training.
- Actively learn and engage in consensus decision making practices.
- Be present and participate in three 2.5 day (Friday-Sunday) Vision
- Council meetings and monthly 90 minute teleconference or Skype calls. (All costs associated with Vision Council service are covered by Call To Action)
- Serve on 1-2 subcommittees.
Current Members Serving
20/30 Young Adult Community Representatives
- Christa Kerber (Philadelphia, PA)
- Myoshi Smith (Baltimore, MD)
Regional Chapter Representatives
- Caryl Callsen (Sacramento, CA)
- Steve Gardipee (Milwaukee, WI)
Anti-racism Team Representatives
- Amy Sheber Howard (Denver, CO)
- Tony Desantis (Oaklyn, NJ)
- Rosa Manriquez (Los Angeles, CA)
- Debra Nell Brittenum (Memphis, TN)
- Marian Fredal (Madison, WI)
- Lisbeth Melendez Rivera (Washington D.C.)
- Fred Dabrowski (Muskegon, MI)
- John Freml (Springfield, IL)
- Marie Venner (Lakewood, Colorado)
- Shane Courville (Thibodaux, LA)