Re/Generation calls young leaders animated by liberatory, life-giving faith to reckon with the injustices of the Catholic institution while incarnating new ways of being Church. Now in its second year, this program is honoring the wisdom of many generations in the work of church reform and growing a diverse network of Catholic change-makers. Twelve young adult “Re/Generators” from across the country are each matched with an Elder Mentor and a peer alumna of the program to form a Mentoring Triad. For six months, mentors accompany their Re/Generator in discerning how their Catholic faith and personal vocation move them to work for justice, healing and transformation in their own context. CTA is seeking people over 40 who are motivated by their faith to work for justice to serve as Elder Mentors to these young leaders.
- Mentors must be over the age of 40
- Mentors must have prior experience and commitment to social justice, church reform and anti-oppression. Experience organizing and mobilizing Call To Action chapters or affiliated groups is a plus.
- Mentors must become familiar with Call To Action’s existing initiatives to be able to connect participants when necessary.
- Mentors ought to be creative, patient, excellent listeners and appreciate humor
- Mentors will meet in a Mentoring Triad with their respective Re/Generator and a 2018 Alumna at least monthly (in person or by phone or video)
- Mentors will be available to provide further concentrated support when needed
- Mentors will participate in group video conference calls with fellow mentors, facilitated by the Project Coordinator, at least every other month.
- Mentors must commit to the full duration of the program March-October 2019.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Questions? Email Claire Hitchins at email@example.com!