This is CTA’s 2018 Lenten reflection guide. Read our 2019 Lenten reflection guide.
Throughout Lent, members of Call To Action will be writing weekly reflections based on that Sunday’s liturgical readings. Check back at this page each Thursday to read new Lent reflections as they are posted. These reflections are an offering of CTA’s Anti-Racism Team.
- Ash Wednesday: “Beware of Practicing Your Piety Before Others,” by Fred Dabrowski
- Lent 1: “There is Chaos Before a New World is Born,” by Tony DeSantis
- Lent 2: “I will Journey with my God in the Land of the Living,” by Christine Haider-Winnett
- Lent 3: “Do Not Worship Any Gods But Me,” by Martha Sanchez
- Lent 4: “People who live by the truth come out into the light, so that it may be plainly seen that what they do is done in God,” by Brenda Faustina Jones
- Lent 5: “Unless a Grain of Wheat Falls to the Ground…” by Jennifer Reyes Lay
- Palm/Passion Sunday: “The Gospels are passion narratives with extended introductions,” by David Jackson
- Easter: “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you,” by Tony DeSantis
Read our 2017 Advent anti-racist reflection guide: “Awaiting the Birth of Justice.”
Learn about CTA’s Racial Justice Initiative.