As part of Call To Action’s transition from a traditional Board of Directors to the new Vision Council, CTA has committed itself to more inclusive, consensus-driven decision making processes. The goal of this transition is to create a strong, diverse governing body that is representative of CTA’s membership and will lead the community to fulfill its mission, vision, and core beliefs.
To attain that goal, Vision Council members are selected as follows:
- Two members selected by the 20/30 Young Adult leadership community
- Two members selected by Chapter leadership community
- Two members selected by the Antiracism team
- Five members selected by discernment and consensus by sitting Vision
- Council members, based on needed skill sets and traits (strength, compassion, diplomacy, etc.)
- Four members selected by the general membership.
There is currently a vacancy in the members selected by the general membership.
The following process will be used to fill this vacancy:
- Nominations will be accepted through January 15, 2018. Members may nominate themselves or others by submitting a completed nomination form, either by mail or electronically. All questions on the form must be answered.
- From January 16-31, 2018, the Vision Council and leadership groups will review the nominations and contact nominees with any questions. Nominees must, by consensus of the Vision Council, Chapter Leaders, 20/30 Leadership, and Antiracism Team, be able and willing to meet the expectations of a Vision Council member in order to move forward for consideration by the general membership.
- In early February 2018, the names of nominees, along with condensed biographies including background information and demonstration of commitment to CTA’s mission, vision, and core beliefs, will be shared via electronic media with all known CTA members. Voting will be conducted online with each member allowed to vote once. The deadline for voting will be February 28, 2018.
- Votes will be tabulated and the new member notified and announced by March 15, 2018.
Members of Call To Action’s Vision Council agree to:
- Work to further the Mission, Vision, and Core Beliefs of Call To Action.
- Commit to serve for at least one term of 3 years.
- Complete a weekend-long, CTA-sponsored anti-racism/anti-oppression training.
- Actively learn and engage in consensus decision making practices.
- Be present and participate in three 2.5 day (Friday-Sunday) Vision Council meetings and monthly 90 minute teleconference or Skype calls. (All costs associated with Vision Council service are covered by Call To Action)
- Serve on 1-2 subcommittees.
The deadline for submitting nominations is January 15, 2018.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to request a paper application.