Join us at the SOAW Convergence at the US/Mexico border next week!
Call To Action is endorsing the SOA Watch Convergence at the Border and we encourage you to join the October 7-10 vigils, protests and workshops at the Eloy Detention Center, in Tucson, and in Nogales, Arizona/ Sonora at the border wall. Visit the convergence webpage for more information.
It is important that we have a strong showing of activists from throughout the U.S. and Mexico in the lead-up to the November elections. We are going to take a stand for justice and demand fundamental change in US policies that goes beyond elections. Come out and amplify the demands of the convergence:
- An end to the destructive U.S. military, economic, and political interventions in the Americas.
- De-militarization of the borders. We need to build bridges with our neighbors, not walls.
- The dismantling of the racist and sexist systems that steal from, criminalize, and kill migrants, refugees, natives, gender non-conforming people, communities of color, and others throughout the hemisphere.
- Respect, dignity, justice and self-determination for all communities, especially the poor and most vulnerable
- No more profits over people! Private military, prison, oil, mining, and other corporations should not determine our future or that of the earth, the people should.
- For the full schedule of October 7-10 events, visit Weekend Programs
Featured speakers and musicians at the bi-national rally and the vigil at the US/Mexico border wall
Workshops on Saturday, October 8 in Nogales, Arizona, USA
Workshops on Saturday, October 8 in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico
People of Color Space in Tucson, Arizona
See you at the Border!