Building & Supporting Young Progressive Catholic Community
CTA 20/30 is a network of young, progressive Catholics committed to working for justice in our church and world.
We are a diverse set of Catholics in our 20s and 30s: college students, young parents, vowed religious, married and single folks, LGBTQ and straight. Our Catholic practice varies too: some of us go to mass, others to intentional Eucharistic communities, or none of the above. Our common bond is our desire for joyful, inclusive Catholic spaces where all are welcome at the table – feminists, LGBTQ people, people of color, those who follow their consciences, and others who have too often felt marginalized in mainstream Catholic life. And we’re glad you’ve found us!
An elected leadership team organizes events and online offerings throughout the year for young progressive Catholics. Here are a few ways to get involved:
Attend a Summer Young Adult Retreat
Boston, MA – July 11-13, 2014
You are invited to a weekend retreat/workshop on the topic of starting and energizing faith-sharing groups for young progressive Catholics. Click here for details.
Find Progressive Catholics Near You
We have point people in Washington, DC, Boston, Chicago and Detroit who have been (or will soon be!) making local events happen for young adult progressive Catholics in those cities – like this great community-building stuff happening in DC. We may know of progressive Catholic communities in other cities, too, with whom we could connect you. Email Charlie to find out what might be happening near you.
- A nationwide listserv networks 250+ young adult progressive Catholics to each other. Click here to sign up, or email Katie.
- The Faith and Families listserv is an additional resource of mutual support among progressive Catholic parents.
- Young Adult Catholics, the 20/30 blog, offers a venue to share reflections by young progressive Catholics.
- Just follow CTA 20/30 on Facebook
- We are hoping to start a young adult online faith-sharing group that will meet monthly via Google Hangout. If you are interested in participating, email Jen.
- Stay connected. Use the form below to sign up to receive e-news from Call To Action.
Meet Up at the Conference
Many young adults gather at the annual Call To Action conference each November. In addition to a full conference agenda of interesting workshops and speakers, we host structured and informal opportunities to meet and network with other young progressive Catholics. There are scholarships available for people in their 20s and 30s who might otherwise not be able to attend.
Volunteer With Us
The 20/30 Leadership Team tries to make all this happen – and more hands are always useful! Whatever your gifts are, we would love your participation. Do you want to lead an online book group for 20/30 folks? Do you want to help make a local progressive Catholic event happen near you? Would you help plan young adult programming at our annual conference? Email Monica to let us know how you might want to support this growing community.